Tuesday 3 February 2009

The Only Way Is Up!

I have been having alot of success online of late. I recently won a $30 rebuy on Full Tilt for $3200.

This was a huge bankroll booster for me and I have chosen to keep within strict bankroll limits from now on. I am now playing $20 - $30 SNGs (usually turbo) in hope for a steady increase in my bankroll.

I set myself a challenge in January of accomplishing Iron Man Status on Full Tilt. This involves earning over 100 points per day over 25 days in the space of a month, not an easy task at all!
I actually managed to earn points every single day in January which qualifies me for the One-A-Day freeroll put on by Full Tilt.
In January I was very successful playing SNGs and managed to get a place on the Full Tilt leaderboard, placing 14th for the UK. For just a standard player this is a very good accomplishment however for a full time pro (I am somewhere in between) a leaderboard place should be pretty standard.

I have recently purshased sharkscope HUD which brings up players profit stats on the table allowing me to identify the weaker players at my table. I have received a mix response to whether this will be effective but for me it has made a huge impact on my game. It allows me to focus on the weaker players and be able to study their game and identify why they are lose and how I can expoit this.

As for live poker I have given up live tournaments, I feel I am outnumbered by gamblers and I find it takes a long time to show a profit. Also I prefer being able to buy into another tournament online if I am outdrawn instead of simply having a long drive home.
I have decided to play more cash games at Aspers which has the best cash game facilities in Newcastle and it is a pleasure to play there. The game is £1 £2 PLHE and I tend to play with £100 with one reload available if I need it. As I do not have the bankroll to start with max buy in everytime.

Tomorrow I will be playing in FTOPS event 1. The buy in is $216 and I have satellited in for $10 however I spent $70 in total to qualify. It has a $1m prize pool and around 5000 runners. If I win it I am sure it will be posted.

Good Luck all

NB1

1 comment: